Jim Wilson

Default Vintage Powermatic lathes

Roy Girolami wrote...
Jim, the threading on the PM90 was 1-1/2 x 8. The other info seems about
right. It was a much heavier machine than the PM45. If you can find the
first book by Dale Nish, you will see illustrations of both models.

Thanks, Roy. Do you happen to have access to a PM90? If so, could you
confirm the bed and gap lengths?

I'm also a bit curious about the indexing plate. If the holes (or teeth)
are spaced evenly every 6 degrees, then you couldn't index at 22-1/2
degrees, or even at 45 degrees, and this seems odd to me.

Thanks again!

Jim

Powermatic 90
-----------------
(I'd like to do an item-by-item comparison with the
'45, but couldn't find as much info on the '90. Much of
this is guesswork.)

swing: 12" over bed; 17" over gap
bed: (?)" L, 38" c-c, (5-1/4"?) gap
OALxWxH: 67" x 16" x 46-1/2"