Posted to alt.home.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default Maytag Washer "No Hot Water" Connundrum

Baylynx wrote:
Baylynx had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...um-347348-.htm
:
Okay, here's what I found:

Hot water solenoid Voltage = 0
Cold water solenoid Voltage = 120

After reversing the wires:

Hot water wolenoid Voltage = 120
Cold water solenoid Voltage = 0

Ran the machine with wires reversed and got hot water only on the cold
water setting. No water is dispensed on the hot water setting.

So, is this a wiring problem or a control panel problem? Seems to me that
the hot water indicator is not sending a signal to the solenoid that
dispenses hot water.

Is this fixable? This is not a newer digital control panel. It's the old
style knobs that are manually rotated to select a setting.

Of course it's fixable, anything is fixable, it's just a matter of
locating and replacing the defective part. Does the washer have a
schematic? Most do, look inside the control panel for an envelope. Trace
out the circuit, I would first suspect the switch that sets the water
temperature, but there may be other things in the circuit that could
cause this.