Posted to alt.home.repair
Baylynx[_2_] Baylynx[_2_] is offline

Default Maytag Washer "No Hot Water" Connundrum

Baylynx had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...um-347348-.htm
:
Okay, here's what I found:

Hot water solenoid Voltage = 0
Cold water solenoid Voltage = 120

After reversing the wires:

Hot water wolenoid Voltage = 120
Cold water solenoid Voltage = 0

Ran the machine with wires reversed and got hot water only on the cold
water setting. No water is dispensed on the hot water setting.

So, is this a wiring problem or a control panel problem? Seems to me that
the hot water indicator is not sending a signal to the solenoid that
dispenses hot water.

Is this fixable? This is not a newer digital control panel. It's the old
style knobs that are manually rotated to select a setting.

\"Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality\" --Dalai Lama
-------------------------------------
Don Young wrote:

"Baylynx" wrote in
message
om...
Baylynx had written this in response to

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...um-347166-.htm
:
I thought about doing just that. I suppose it can't hurt anything.
If I
reverse the wires and start getting only hot water and no cold, I
will at
least know that there's a bad connection somewhere in the wiring
harness
that controls the hot water valve. Does this seem reasonable?

Also, If I use a meter to check the resistance and voltage at the
solenoid, what should I be looking for?

"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
immortality" --Dalai Lama
Mark1 wrote:

you could try reversing the wires for the hot and cold valves
and see
what happens, that will tell you which way to look for the
problem

Mark

Just verify that they are the same for both solenoids.

Don Young