Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default CPVC male adaptor brass X slip elbow does it exist?

Yes there are lots of way to do it with two pieces. I need to do it
in one piece because I am running out of room in the wall on either
side, so I need a one piece with as little protrusion as possible. So
far the sharkbite elbow with a push fitting on one side and a threaded
male FPT seems my best option, I just wish I could glue instead of a
compression joint. I have looked at the normal male adaptor and even
with a street elbow it's still about 3/4" longer than the sharkbite
elbow version and on both sides it adds to 1-1/2" of clearance I have
to cut solid concrete out of that I rather avoid.

Could you tell us the situation you are trying to solve? I'm having a hard
time picturing a simple 90 degree elbow taking too much room.

I'm not a big fan of compression fittings, and certainly wouldn't use one
unless it would always be accessable. But that's just me.

If you must cut into the concrete, a few holes with a masonry bit and a
chisel should make quick work of that. Or grab a small grinder and grind
away what you need to.

Anthony