Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

Wild_Bill wrote:

This crapVista machine wanted to open it with the latest Word product, but I
won't use another MS**** product that I haven't used before (earlier
machines & OSs).

So I did the Open With and chose the somewhat trusty WordPad, and did a Save
As to a .doc file, and everything looked fine.

I know that's not a solution for DoN, but I mentioned it in case anyone else
prefers to avoid new spit/yakMS programs.

Now that I've seen it, I think text format would have been best. It ends
up as an 86K text file. Converting to a PDF (not everyone has the tools
to do so) makes a 590K file. The original is 11.6 megabytes. I don't
even want to think about what an MS Word .doc would look like.

Text is good, particularly if there's no special formatting, fonts or
graphics to be preserved.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.