Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Surplus tools

robert wrote:

The Freecycle groups locally - in rural Cumbria seem to work well - I
never wait in for people , they get told to come when I am going to be
around.
Maybe they work best in small communities .

I live in a small community. It's a damn sight easier to ask people in
the village if they want my old crap than it is to dispose of it via
Freecycle. Freecycle really needs a large community to stand a chance of
working, but as it is currently conceived it is more about posing and
showing green credentials than about being that useful - WTF should I
need to register for $DEITY's sake?

My local dump recycles good stuff, I'd rather take my ex-belongings
there.