Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andrew@laurencefield.com is offline

Default How much to have a gas meter put back in?

On 11 Dec, 11:05, mogga wrote:
I know moving meters is expensive - 300+
Is that about how much it costs for them to put a new meter in? (The
meter has been removed in a property I've looked at - along with the
boiler and rads!)

If you're considering buyong this proerty, and it sounds like you are,
you should definitely establish that the meter was officially removed
by a gas co., not just chopped off and the supply capped by some
cowboy. I assume you didn't smell gas as you looked around!

Your conveyancer ought to be able to do this, and you'd end up with
the necessary references for getting it reconnected.

Andrew