Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Water heaters

"James Sweet" wrote in message
Steve Barker DLT wrote:
i hope you're trying to be funny. You could run a pilot light for a year
on about a dime. You're certainly not going over the gas companies
minimum with one.

I've seen quotes of 5-15 therms per month, I don't know if this has been
reduced significantly on modern equipment but at $1.30 or so per therm
that I pay that works out to at least $78 per year, which is considerably
more than "about a dime"! Is this accurate?

" The exact cost of operating the pilot light will depend on the design of
the heater and price of gas, but could range from $12 to $20 per year"

http://www.tankless-water-heater.net...aters-cost.htm