Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Working with rebar

Is a lot of the rebar cold bent and just trial fitted, or is a form used? �I
saw some saguaros and a moose the other day that were just awesome, and
using cheap rebar would not be terribly expensive unless you figure in your
time.

Help appreciated.

Steve

Steve

I have a blacksmith friend who bends/turns this stuff out all day
everyday. Near his coalfired forge must be a 100 hammers and as many
tongs. I am not sure he completely realizes his talent. Never an extra
swing with a hammer and never has to go back and rebend something. A
few days ago he had just finished a real fancy grill for a wrought
iron door. One would never realize it was just �" bar stock a few
hours ago. I have seen him do the same with rebar.

Bob AZ