Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Plastic Washer

"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote in message
"Bob La Londe" writes:

"Ken Sterling" wrote in message
Over the years if you have a need of a special plastic or nylon washer
for
something and you dissassemble, the one washer that always gets
lost is the
plastic one. Today I was replacing the seat on my motorcycle and guess
which washer wasn't there. The plastic one that goes between the
rear seat
bolt down tab and the fender. I paniced for way to long, and then
I grabbed
piece of plastic that felt about right and cut one on the mill. I
actually
spent less time setting up the g-code and cutting the washer than I
spent
running around paniced looking for a washer first. LOL. Less than ten
lines of code, and hardly any time to cut at all.

If you have a tool you will use it.

Coffee can lid and a pair of scissors..... G
Ken

I've done that before. I keep trimming and trimming trying to get it
to look nice and usually wind up with a wash 1/10th the size I need
before it looks good. LOL. This time I used a but macadamia nut jar
lid and a Taig.

Drill press and a file.

Dang it. I've had a cheap drill press for a decade too.