Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

On 2008-12-10, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
snip---
".pdf" would have been a good format on almost any computer --
or if it is only plain text in there -- what would have been wrong with
a plain text file?

Damned if I know, DoN. I had nothing to do with the file aside from
giving
permission to a different party to compile them so they could be
uploaded.

I sort of figured that you had not compiled the file -- just
created the content (the important part).

I had provided the posts for readers of the Chaski board in hopes they
might
be enlightened. There's one hell of a lot of experience there, and some
information that is not commonly promoted. If readers keep an open mind
and try some of the recommendations, particularly grinding without a
rest,
they just may be pleasantly surprised.

I expect to read it all -- once I comb-bind the printout.

Thanks,
DoN.

I've read your comments about the lacking pictures. DoN, I'm as close to
an artist at hand grinding tools (sorry for the shameless boast) that you
are likely to encounter. I show a few that I have ground. I'd like you
to see them. Remember-----all ground *without* a tool rest of any kind.

Harold