Posted to alt.home.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default electrical code question

Kevin wrote:
related question..

Is it ok to leave "dead" wires in the box?

The old power leg from the 2 gang receptable box to the switch box is now
dead. In the outlet box I unhooked the white/black and wire nutted them
together. In the switch box I cut back the bare ends and folded them to the
back of the box.

I would wire nut them off and fold them up into the back, tagging them
wouldn't be a bad idea either. You never know when they might be needed
for something.

Do watch out for fill violations, there is a limit to the number and
size of wires you can have in a given size box, not to say that these
are never violated, even by professional electricians.