John Rumm

Default Extending socket circuit to a ring?

Chris wrote:

Fusebox (30A fuse) - T&E - first double socket - T&E - second socket.

Is there any reason I shouldn't continue the circuit from the last socket
back to the fusebox (adding the odd socket here and there) to turn it into
a ring?

No - that should be fine.

In fact I would suggets that you _should_ extend to a ring since you
are quite likely to exceed the current limit for the cable before the
fuse blows should a fault occur (a 16A or 20A fuse would be more normal
on a radial circuit like this). As a ring however, the 30A fuse will be
fine.

--
Cheers,

John.