Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark1 Mark1 is offline

Default Maytag Washer "No Hot Water" Connundrum

On Dec 10, 11:12*am, Chris Hill wrote:
On 10 Dec 2008 10:42:32 GMT,

(Baylynx) wrote:

\"Share your knowledge. *It\'s a way to achieve immortality\" --Dalai Lama
-------------------------------------

I have a Maytag washing machine, Serial No. LAT7304AAE, that does not
dispense hot water. *I have tried the usual and more obvious suggestions,
but the problem persists. *Here's what I have done:

1. Verified that hot and cold water is available.
2, Intake hoses are connected to water valves that are turned on.
3. Checked the screen on the water inlet valve. *There are no obstructions.
4. Replaced the water inlet valve with part #22001274. *Replacement of the
water inlet (solenoid) valve resulted in no change.

The washing machine will not dispense any water when the hot water setting
is selected. *Resetting the temperature control knob to cold water results
in cold water. *Warm water setting results in dispensing of cold water
only.

Please note that the symptoms before and after replacing the water inlet
are identical. *I find it hard to believe that I have a brand new part
with the same problem as the original part.

Any suggestions? *Unfortunately, I do not have the model number of the
machine handy. *It is located in another house and I don't have immediate
access. *Can the serial number be cross-referenced to determine the model
number? *This is an older top loading machine. *The control panel consists
of push/pull type knobs.

Sounds like whatever sends the signal to the valve isn't sending the
signal. *Probably a circuit board somewhere. *Shoulda checked with a
meter before replacing the valve.- Hide quoted text -

you could try reversing the wires for the hot and cold valves and see
what happens, that will tell you which way to look for the problem

Mark