Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Hill[_2_] Chris Hill[_2_] is offline

Default Maytag Washer "No Hot Water" Connundrum

On 10 Dec 2008 10:42:32 GMT,
(Baylynx) wrote:

\"Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality\" --Dalai Lama
-------------------------------------

I have a Maytag washing machine, Serial No. LAT7304AAE, that does not
dispense hot water. I have tried the usual and more obvious suggestions,
but the problem persists. Here's what I have done:

1. Verified that hot and cold water is available.
2, Intake hoses are connected to water valves that are turned on.
3. Checked the screen on the water inlet valve. There are no obstructions.
4. Replaced the water inlet valve with part #22001274. Replacement of the
water inlet (solenoid) valve resulted in no change.

The washing machine will not dispense any water when the hot water setting
is selected. Resetting the temperature control knob to cold water results
in cold water. Warm water setting results in dispensing of cold water
only.

Please note that the symptoms before and after replacing the water inlet
are identical. I find it hard to believe that I have a brand new part
with the same problem as the original part.

Any suggestions? Unfortunately, I do not have the model number of the
machine handy. It is located in another house and I don't have immediate
access. Can the serial number be cross-referenced to determine the model
number? This is an older top loading machine. The control panel consists
of push/pull type knobs.

Sounds like whatever sends the signal to the valve isn't sending the
signal. Probably a circuit board somewhere. Shoulda checked with a
meter before replacing the valve.