Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrolytics question - update

Jasen Betts wrote:

On 2008-12-09, Peter Hucker wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 07:48:42 -0000, flipper wrote:

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:34:45 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
news On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 23:02:25 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Well..... I never recall DOS crashing !

There's a good reason for that. DOS doesn't 'do' much of anything.

Oh, I remember it crashing and freezing, but it was always because of the
app, not the OS.

As you just said, you remember the *app* crashing and freezing.

DOS was (is) basically a program loader and control of the machine
goes to the app so unless, in it's brain dead stupor as it crashes, it
hands control back to the CLI then that's all she wrote.

What about managing TSRs?

they bascially took care of themselves.

Sure they did. Most remained in the system RAM, and used resources,
until you rebooted. Very few did a clean exit when they were finished.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.