Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:13:19 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
snip---
".pdf" would have been a good format on almost any computer --
or if it is only plain text in there -- what would have been wrong with
a plain text file?

Damned if I know, DoN. I had nothing to do with the file aside from giving
permission to a different party to compile them so they could be uploaded.
I had provided the posts for readers of the Chaski board in hopes they might
be enlightened. There's one hell of a lot of experience there, and some
information that is not commonly promoted. If readers keep an open mind
and try some of the recommendations, particularly grinding without a rest,
they just may be pleasantly surprised.

Plaintext doesn't support graphics, and there were a dozen or so pics
in there, 'Arry.

I agree that a PDF would have been cleaner/smaller. C'est la vie.

--
At current market valuations (GM is worth less than Mattel)
the Chinese government can afford to buy GM with petty cash.