Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog olddog is offline

Default Quiet dishwasher makes too much noise

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
FL wrote:
I replaced the dishwasher that came with the house with a new and
moderately pricey super quiet dishwasher. It's great that I can
hardly hear it while it's running the wash cycles. However, it is
just as loud as the old dishwasher when it drains the water between
cycles. The sound of the actual water draining out is annoyinlg loud
and echoes through to other rooms.

Is there any way to quiet the noise while the water empties between
cycles?

Don't you hate noisy appliances? My microwave makes too much noise with
the fan. My coffee grinder is too noisy. I don't like noisy furnaces
especially hot air ones. I hate my electric tooth brush. I got rid of a
battery wall clock because it 'clicked' all night.

Some people are more sensitive to noise than others. Certain noises drive me
absolutely insane. Noises like the ones you mentioned don't really bother me
but snoring, listening to other people eat, and my neighbors stereo can
drive me right over the edge. And those cars with booming bass at stop
lights!!!

When I go on trips I will usually complain to the hotel desk about noises
(and get some credit). I never can understand why hotel rooms are always so
noisy. Don't the people who run these places understand we only want a good
nights sleep?

olddog