Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Question about stain on linoleum floor

On Dec 9, 9:30*pm, "Cheri" wrote:
My daughter has a fairly new linoleum floor in her bathroom, she dyed a
couple of rugs to get the color she wanted, but the problem is when the rug
next to the bathtub got wet, it bled to the floor and left a light spot
about the size of a dinner plate. She has tried many things to get it off,
but no luck. Any ideas as to what could remove it without ruining the floor.
I don't really have any solution for her. Anyone? TIA

Cheri

You could try dilute bleach but I would do a test area first to make
sure it does not fade the floor color.
Clorox shower spray comes to mind. Leave it on a while since stain
has sunk in.
Dyes are organic materials subject to destruction by bleach whereas
flooring is probably colored by pigments that may not fade. What you
call linoleum is probably vinyl and dilute bleach should not hurt it.