Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default CPVC male adaptor brass X slip elbow does it exist?

"HerHusband" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as an 1/2" elbow, one end of it is a brass male
threaded adaptor, the other end is a regular slip CPVC socket?
I can make one myself with a CPVC male adapter then glue on a 90
degree elbow, but I am really struggling for room and clearance for
this valve and I need it to be as tight as it can be.

What is this being used for?

You could use a drop-ear "transition" elbow with a brass pipe nipple to
convert the gender to male. It's a brass drop ear elbow with a CPVC
fitting
you can glue into.

If you don't need the drop ear, another option might be a brass "Street
90" elbow with a male CPVC adapter threaded in. Or just use a regular
brass
elbow with a brass pipe nipple to change the gender.

Lots of ways to do it...

Anthony

Yes there are lots of way to do it with two pieces. I need to do it in one
piece because I am running out of room in the wall on either side, so I need
a one piece with as little protrusion as possible. So far the sharkbite
elbow with a push fitting on one side and a threaded male FPT seems my best
option, I just wish I could glue instead of a compression joint. I have
looked at the normal male adaptor and even with a street elbow it's still
about 3/4" longer than the sharkbite elbow version and on both sides it adds
to 1-1/2" of clearance I have to cut solid concrete out of that I rather
avoid.