Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog[_2_] olddog[_2_] is offline

Default Dishwasher and dog

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

I'm sure it is a troll.

I'm sure I'm not a troll and you're a moron.

Thank you. At least I dont have dog hair clogs in my dishwasher and i
have a dog and a cat (medium to long hair) and have had cats for neigh on
20 years now (long hairs) as well as maytags for diswashers. I do not
pre-rinse my dishes unless its pet bowl stuff.

The last repairman who looked at my very old Kitchen Aid (ancient..they
don't make them like that one anymore) told me to always rinse the dishes
off regardless of the brand or model. He said there is not a dishwasher on
the market that can handle washing the dishes and eliminating the food too.

I replaced the KA with a cheap GE (on his advice) and it's works perfectly.

BTW: We only replaced the KA because the parts are getting expensive and
hard to find. The new KA's are not the same. They are good but not worth the
money.

We always pre-clean and use that time to get the water hot for the washer.

We have soft water too and I think that helps too.

How in the world someone gets dog hair in their dw is beyond me??!!

Olddog