Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

On 2008-12-09, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

It might pay you to download a large file that was compiled from many of my
posts on the Chaski board some time ago. I discuss wheel selection, wheel
dressing and HSS grinding in detail, including grinding chip breakers.
If you are not well versed in the art, it may prove useful. Or not! :-)

Here's a link: http://www.savefile.com/files/915454

I finally got around to downloading it -- and discover that it
is in ".rtf" format -- probably the worst to read with my usual
computers. I guess that I'll see whether the Mac has a reader for that.

".pdf" would have been a good format on almost any computer --
or if it is only plain text in there -- what would have been wrong with
a plain text file?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564