Don Phillipson

Default Help - Deck flashing and inspections

"Jim Austin" wrote in message

I am selling my house, and the buyer's inspector is indicating that
there is no flashing between the deck and the house. Is this something
that I will need to repair? From my internet scanning, flashing between
the deck and house became a requirement by CABO 703.8 since 1995. Since
the house was built in 1991, I should not be required to fix this,

correct?

1. Legal point: was the 1995 standard retroactive?
Probably not: your lawyer knows.

2. Marketing point: lack of flashing is defective
(lack of) waterproofing so a seller's tool to negotiate
the price down a couple of hundred dollars.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)