Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broken plastic nuts

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Should the silicone be there or is it just me and the OPs plumber
that also puts a little silicone between the taps and the bath?

Nope. I do it as a matter of course. Very often when you replace the
taps into existing baths/basins/sinks there will be a small gap
somewhere that lets pooled water drip down. Also helps keep them in
place when flexibles are involved.

I must admit to thinking a combination of flexible baths, flexible tails
from the pipes and plastic nuts isn't a recipe for strength.

--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.