Larry Blanchard

Default Which Simple-to-learn dovetail jig for Newb ?

In article , says...

Thanks for the good report. I know people really like the Lee Valley
stuff, although it's more money. It's not more moeny than 2 dovetail jigs
though, and since I know that I want to do through, blind and box, I wnat
something that will do all three.

At the severe risk of being flamed, I bought a Craftsman dovetail jig
with an additional box joint template. Not the cheapie, but their
"professional" one. I don't even know if they still make it. I bought
mine about 4-5 years ago.

It is a pain to assemble, but once that's done it's easy to use. Spacing
is fixed, although after you look at the templates for awhile you'll
notice that it wouldn't be impossible to make your own.

BTW, your first task should be to duplicate the templates using a pattern
following bit - DAMHIKT.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?