Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:49:11 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:14:26 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What part of CFL lamps overheating and catching on fire goes right
over your head?

It only happens extremely occasionally.

A hell of a lot more often than with incandescent lamps.

More often I've seen excessive heat from an incandescent making the fitting brittle, the danger not being fire directly, but the fitting collapsing later on.

A lot of incandescent fixtures are not designed for safe operation of CFL lamps.

Explain.

You really don't know anything, do you? Some fixtures hold in the
heat. The incandescents & ceramic sockets can handle the heat, but the
thermoplastic in the CFLs melt, the electrolytics overheat and they
fail, or catch on fire.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.