Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default kenwood car radio need code

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:15:56 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:52:51 -0000, Tim Schwartz wrote:

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Codes are unique to each radio, and sometimes programmable by the owner.
You'll have to find the owners manual to yours and get the number that
came with YOUR radio, or hopefully you wrote it down. Otherwise, it
would have to be sent back to a Kenwood service shop to be reset and
given a new code. This may cost more than the radio is worth.

Whatever happened to telling them to put the radio in the freezer overnight?

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

I know it doesn't work. But people used to say it did, which is why I mentioned it. There were plenty of other silly things about doors, but everyone forgot the obvious.

An expectant mother was being rushed to the hospital, but
didn't quite make it.

She gave birth to her baby on the hospital lawn. Later, the
father received a bill, listing "Delivery Room Fee: $500."

He wrote the hospital and reminded them the baby was born
on the front lawn. A week passed, and a corrected bill arrived:

"Greens Fee: $200."