Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default kenwood car radio need code

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:52:51 -0000, Tim Schwartz wrote:

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Codes are unique to each radio, and sometimes programmable by the owner.
You'll have to find the owners manual to yours and get the number that
came with YOUR radio, or hopefully you wrote it down. Otherwise, it
would have to be sent back to a Kenwood service shop to be reset and
given a new code. This may cost more than the radio is worth.

Whatever happened to telling them to put the radio in the freezer overnight?

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.