Owain

Default Another toolkit question

"Martin Angove" wrote
| All equipment will have to be inspected and PAT'd as H&S applies
| to to all Work, even if the Workplace is in someone's house.
| Are you sure though that it is *really* neccessary to PAT kit for
| domestic use? I've never noticed stickers on the kit of the tradesmen
| who've done work for me. I'd have thought that it'd be ok without, at
| least for the first 6 months or so.

PAT'ing isn't itself mandated AFAIK but is part of an overall safe system of
work. As a tradesperson you have to follow a safe system of work wherever
you work.

It's also not necessary for every item to be stickered. A business could
have a centralised reminder system for calling in equipment for periodic
inspection and testing, which would mean that the date of next test would
not have to be on the equipment itself. It would of course have to have an
asset number or other unique id.

Owain