Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Wooden flooring??

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Here's the adhesive I came across, which claims to be for engineered wood.

It does however emphasise a strong dry sound substrate.

Cheers

Tim

Ow - forgot the link - google for "Laybond"

http://www.bostik.co.uk/professional...ond/category/6

I'm considering this as I'll be exactly the same position as the OP WRT a
couple of rooms. As it happens, half the ground floor will be tiled
(kitchen, hall, bathroom, utility) and a couple of rooms are slated for
wood - so all the levels are coming up by a not dissimilar amount. I have
no intention of removing any more screed, so doing this is conditional on
sticking something down to the existing layer.

My only gotcha is no DPC under the floor, which is notionally dry but
probably not bone dry, but if I can work an adhesive together with a paint
on membrane, I expect it will work OK. OTOH neither thin wood stick
on "parquet", not cemented quarry tiles nor vinyl have had any issues in
the last 10 years. The "parquet" was the dodgiest but the floor was
lumpy[1] and the adhesive was laid a bit thin and probably not the best
type IMO.

[1] That floor is getting ground and latex screeded by builders in short
course.

Cheers

Tim