Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Wiki - Appliance repair hazards

"PM" wrote in message
NoSpam wrote:
wrote:
Feedback welcome...

... snipped

snipped some more

- "Propped appliance can fall on child or pet" is not unique to a TV
and is OTT.

Likewise "ill fitting spanners" is not the fault of the washing machine.
(Unless they come with them?)

I strongly disagree with you, this is a wiki for the in-initiated, and both
warnings should remain.
Many modern CRT sets become very unstable if you attempt to remove
the back cover with the set on its stand. The weight of the tube makes
the whole escutcheon rake forward, along with the centre of mass.

As for the other point about ill-fitting tools in white goods, I would be
in favour of removing the word "minor" in "minor injuries" as slashed
wrists have been known to be fatal!

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%