Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default microwave light

shorepot15 wrote:
On 9 Dec, 16:35, "Toby" wrote:
"shorepot15" wrote in message

The light in the microwave has failed - I assumed it would be a matter
of replacing the bulb as you do with a fridge or an oven. I undid a
couple of screws and a small panel came off but there was no bulb
there and the manual doesn't mention it at all. What's going on? Is it
not user-replaceable?
Mike

Make, model etc..

Most of us are not telepathic!

What, you mean some of you didn't pick up that it's a Toshiba ER-6M2U/
UW?
About 14 years old.
Mike

A lot have an unscrewable hatch on the side of the machine for bulb
access. If there's no hatch you need to take the whole outer cover off
- beware of the lethal EHT supply in them though. And note the bulbs
are typically not SES base, but a similar sized appliance lamp base.

NT