Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower

Default Storing wind-generated energy as gravitational potential energy?

David Hansen wrote:
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:55:31 -0500 someone who may be Neon John
wrote this:-

Before we go on, might I ask if you have any utility experience at all? As a
retired nuclear engineer, I like to know about the folks I debate with.

You may ask. However, debating people rather than the subject under
discussion is a well known tactic to deflect discussion away from
the subject under discussion to something else.

What I see is gross incompetence. Especially in the nuclear area. Perhaps
some of your engineers ought to come over here and talk to some of our
engineers.

Yawn. Over-competence and use of figures which don't refer to the
same thing have been known to generate more heat than light. I have
neither the time or the inclination to follow in that direction.

inded. You know all about THAT don't you.

Take some bad data off the net, tout it as truth, and then pretend you
are too lofty to do the sums that prove its ********.

Since most of the rest of your article is quoted from something and someone
whom I've never heard of and does not represent your knowledge, I'll end this
round of debate at this point.

Readers may note that after the bit on capacity factors, which you
responded to, the rest of my posting was about pumped storage
schemes and was written by myself. This is the bit you were unable
or unwilling to discuss.