Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Dishwasher and dog

"Pat" wrote in message
I've owned a piece of crap Maytag dishwasher for just over a year.
I've had 4 service calls so far because it doesn't clean well. I
leave residue on dishes -- particularly on glasses on top shelf.

Each time the service man found dog hair in the filter that covers the
grinder. He says that's to blame. It makes no sense to me. Yes we
have a hairy dog but we aren't the only ones who do. So I'm left with
the following questions.

1. Why do that have a very fine filter BEFORE the grinder. It's so
small that nothing of substance could ever be ground.

2. Would it hurt to remove the filter? What's the worst that could
happen -- the impeller gets matted up with hair?

3. Has anyone else had this problem.

4. Is their a cure other than just getting rid of it -- the
dishwasher, not the dog.

I see no reason to wash dishes BEFORE putting them in the dishwasher
go get everything off of them that's bigger than a grain of sand.

I'm sure you tried this already, but I usually run the faucet till hot water
comes out, then fire up the dishwasher. We have two shedding pooches, and
haven't had a problem with our mid-level Maytag.