Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Electrolytics question - update

Peter Hucker wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
flipper wrote:
"Peter Hucker" wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:

Maybe he is ioncompetant. I have zero problems with Vista.

Aside from the fact it runs slower than XP on the same hardware

You're not supposed to put newer software on old equipment. Memory is
cheap, just add some.

So much for Microsoft's marketing strategy of selling upgrade
versions, eh?

Under your theory, what is the point of buying faster hardware to run
slower software so you end up where you started?

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Pay more for worse.

When the opportunity arises I'd like to convert whatever company I end up
as Senior Designer for
again (or better) to Linux. Free O/S, free Apps.

You can try this 'conversion' Graham, but I fear that your endeavours will
fail due to many of the staff - particularly the female ones - refusing to
grow a beard, wear open-toed sandals, and ride a bike to work ... :-)

I've done a trial Ubuntu install. Seemed little different to Windows to use.

Will it run all my Windows programs? Or will I have to get a different version (assuming it exists) of everything I now have, and may want in the future?

Didn't get as far as trying WINE. I needed the PC for something else.

Graham