Posted to uk.d-i-y
george (dicegeorge) george (dicegeorge) is offline

Default separately switched two-bulb light fittings

if it's a 3 watt lamp
it's probably cheaper to leave it on 24 hours
than to wire in a switch!

BigWallop wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

Whilst browsing the excellent wiki faq, I found a "fear of the dark"
entry that reads:

"For small children, a 3w CFL bathroom light left on can make life
easier for them. This can be fitted either as a separate fitting, or a
bathroom globe type light taking 2 bulbs"

Are there such things are two-bulb, separately-switched, fittings or
do you have to modify them yourself?

Thanks,
Stephen.

I think it would be easier, and maybe a little safer, to install a separate
light fitting to take the lower wattage lamp. And also allow new cabling to
a light switch lower down the wall for the child to reach. It's not
impossible to do. A light fitting that has room for two lampholders inside,
could quite easily be modified I suppose.

What I think is the most simple way to do it, is purchase a plugin or
battery night light. Or a torch that the child can actually carry around
and play detective with, might be even better. :-)

http://www.ryness.co.uk/ProductDetai...ProductID=5629