Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wooden flooring??

In article ,
Vernon wrote:
That's why i tried to dissuade her! I just cannot justify the expense of
all that, I am working on her, explaining the difference, and trying to
tell her that no one will know if it is solid oak or engineered oak.
But you know what women are like! Hopefully she will be happy to go
with engineered, in that case, I presume I fit an underlay, then glue
the boards together.

Think the boards you described are too short to be a true solid oak floor
- an original would have had much longer ones.

I've got what I think is a engineered one - rectangles of solid oak glued
together into T&G planks which when assembled correctly don't show the
plank joins - and it looks gorgeous. It's on a wood floor with heating
pipes running underneath in places but hasn't moved at all.

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.