Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Storing wind-generated energy as gravitational potential energy?

Neon John wrote:
We're not discussing efficiency but capacity in this thread spur. Andy's
statement should have read "35% capacity factor".

Thank you blushes

Oddly enough I don't care about the efficiency of conversion. We have
lots of wind, and waste just as much on tress, houses and mountains. I
do care about the *cost* of conversion though.

snip

From your description, Andy, it sounds like the UK thing is more a
publicity stunt than a serious attempt to generate power.

They're serious. That's a lot of dosh. err moolah in US? It's one of
the best places too, shallow water and near major power consumers.

Andy