Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Wax-stained Bath stone fireplace

In article , stuart noble
writes
fred wrote:
In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
Kevin writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Without the paper pressed against the stain at the same time,
they might just spread it.

Use a fresh piece of paper as soon as it's absorbed any wax.

If there's any left at that point then a citrus oil based cleaner is
good at getting wax out of porous surfaces. Then use a detergent to get
rid of the citrus oil.

The most effective citrus oil cleaner I have found is snowboard base
cleaner, expensive at about a tenner for 150ml, it's used to remove wax
from the porous base. Buy from snowboard shops or online.

Candle wax is soluble in white spirit. I'd try that first

It's a difficult choice whether to chose a solvent or a cleanser.

On a non absorbent surface I wouldn't hesitate to use a solvent but on a
porous surface I would be concerned about driving the contaminant deeper
and have it leech back out later. The benefit of a cleanser being that
it absorbs as it dissolves.

Not authoritative, just another angle.
--
fred