Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dishwasher and dog

On Dec 8, 10:45*am, "Steve Barker DLT"
wrote:
i can't imagine how the rest of the house looks if your actually getting DOG
HAIR in the dishwasher. *Jeeeezzzeee.... *shave that MF!!

"Pat" wrote in message

I've owned a piece of crap Maytag dishwasher for just over a year.
I've had 4 service calls so far because it doesn't clean well. *I
leave residue on dishes -- particularly on glasses on top shelf.

Each time the service man found dog hair in the filter that covers the
grinder. *He says that's to blame. *It makes no sense to me. *Yes we
have a hairy dog but we aren't the only ones who do. *So I'm left with
the following questions.

1. *Why do that have a very fine filter BEFORE the grinder. *It's so
small that nothing of substance could ever be ground.

2. *Would it hurt to remove the filter? *What's the worst that could
happen -- the impeller gets matted up with hair?

3. *Has anyone else had this problem.

4. *Is their a cure other than just getting rid of it -- the
dishwasher, not the dog.

I see no reason to wash dishes BEFORE putting them in the dishwasher
go get everything off of them that's bigger than a grain of sand.- Hide quoted text -

Better yet Nair Hair Remover, instant Hairless dog.