Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "MikeWhy" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message
I don't want to deprive you of defending yourself. I just feel that the
average person does not have the experience, knowledge or proper training
handle a firearm in the proper way. Maybe it's difference for most people
in
the US. You tell me.

Training is required by law for those who carry in public.

Where??

Certainly not in Indiana, where I live. The only requirements for obtaining a
permit for concealed carry are (a) passing a criminal background
investigation, (b) being fingerprinted, and (c) payment of a modest fee.

Please note that I'm *not* commenting on, and don't intend to start a debate
on, whether this is good, bad, or indifferent. Just stating that's the way it
is.

Here is the Arizona summary of gun laws:

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbys...gunlaws_az.htm

Again, no comment on good, bad, etc. One interesting point is training
is required for concealed carry, but not for open carry.