Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Storing wind-generated energy as gravitational potential energy?

Neon John wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:56:06 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Dec 8, 4:20 am, Neon John wrote:
It'd be just my luck to have a flue fire or something and the generator
choose that time not to start. Having the fire hose on the UPS will be very
nice.
John

You might be able to boost water storage capacity with cheap/free used
fiberglass water purifier tanks. For laundry and toilets they don't
need to be pressurized.

I've had my eyes open for ANYTHING that would hold water for a couple of years
now. I thought that I was going to get the underground fiberglass gasoline
tank that they dug up in the spring at the gas station but the back-hoe
operator stuck the bucket through it. I got the impression, intentionally. My
well is about 50 ft in elevation above my house so I'd have fairly decent head
just from gravity.

John...

How deep is your well?

--