Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Storing wind-generated energy as gravitational potential energy?

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 10:02:55 +0000, Tim Jackson wrote:

Neon John wrote:

and you have it bunded - ie it is in your cellar.

WTF is bunded.

Spill containment.

Never heard the term. I love this common language that separates us. :-)

To the OP, noooooo.... My batteries are not bunded. AGM batteries contain no
liquid and are classified by the DOT and FAA (highway and air authorities
respectively) as non-hazardous. Even if they were wet cells, I still would
not berm them (what we call it) and I can't think of an installation where
that's been done. If you've ever seen sulfuric acid and concrete go at each
other, you'd understand why. They don't just cuddle up and have an idle chat
:-)

John
--
John De Armond