Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default What temp should my Greenstar be pushing around?

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:21:57 +0000, Kevin
wrote:

Mike wrote:
On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:05:53 -0000, "Brass Monkey" wrote:

I saw the thread on "non condensing boiler condensing" and wondered what is
the most efficient temp for my 30CDi to be providing.

The most efficient is as low as you can go whilst providing enough
temperature rise to heat your hot water and heat your rooms.

Long fuel burns at low flow temperatures are always much more
efficient than short high output burns at high temperatures.

is the burn/flow rate any different between boiler temps? its not on
mine the burn/flow rate is identical it just stays on longer for a
higher boiler temp

If you have no room thermostat and a non modulating boiler you are
bang on the mark.

On a boiler such as the 30CDi mentioned by the original poster the
amount of gas and air admitted to the burner will alter on a
continuous basis to maintain the return flow temperature to that set
on the boiler thermostat. If the boiler thermostat temperature is set
low enough the boiler will run for very extended periods, most of it
in condensing mode and maintaining optimum room comfort.