Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default FUN POLICE

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:32:52 -0000, "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname
here.me.uk wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
Just watching the program on CH4 about the farce that has become H&Safety.
I couldn't believe it when they shown us someone who went into a window
making company in a full suit and tie, gathered the staff around and
proceded to show them how to pick up (in slowmo) a very small box +
contents weighing no more than, I guess, 3lb in weight.

At a place I worked, someone ended up in hospital with a back injury because
he picked up a sheet of paper carelessly.

I didn't see the programme, but the usual trick with lifting and handling
training is to get one of the trainees to pick the, invariably small and
light, box up, then casually say 'thanks, you can put it down now'. Nine
times out of ten they will pick it up following all the rules and put it
down doing everything wrong.

By dropping it on the foot of the H&S guru