Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

In article , "David G. Nagel" wrote:
Some years ago a congressman speaking before Congress stated that the
2nd amendment wasn't about shooting Bambi. It was about shooting
politicians who were screwing with the voting public. His speech was
deleted from the Congressional Record.

LOL -- wonder who that was. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Dan Burton
(R-Indiana).

The point is valid, though: all of the rights and freedoms guaranteed to us by
the Constitution and Bill of Rights are only so many empty promises if we the
people lack the means to compel the government to honor those guarantees
should it ever become reluctant to do so on its own.