js

Default Edge joined boards, join not right - HELP!

going across the lip is going to be going cross grain, so I wouldnt be
trying that. Set it for the lowest setting that will take a cut, and go the
length and width of the prominate board, till your close to level. Then
finish it with sanding.

"Andy Jeffries" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:18:37 +0000, js wrote:
if it were me, given the options, I would plane it down as close as

possible
with the planer, then finish it off with sandpaper as you stated. If you

use
sandpaper to take down a 2 mm rise the width and length of one of the
boards, you'll be there forever and a day.

Given that I only have a power planer, am I right to put it on a 0 cutting
depth and go accross the lip?

Cheers,

Andy