Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Christmas lights

bob wrote:
I have a strand(severeal really) of those outside icicle
Christmas lights, and the plug in has 2 3 amp fuses in
them. I have replaced both fuses, and still doesn't work.
Is there a real harm in just replacing the plug in with a
standard non-fused plug-in? Will it really heat up and
catch fire???? just wondering Thanks in advance

Hi,
You mean fuse was blown? If you replace them did it blow again?
Do you have a multimeter? Do you have a sniffer with which you can track
down the bad spot on the string? If fuse did not blow, fuse holder can
be bad. Really multimeter will come in handy.