Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default A really bad piece of work.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 19:35:22 +0000, Tim S wrote:

Ed Sirett coughed up some electrons that declared:

If the house was rented than annual inspections are mandatory. It would
almost certainly have been picked up.

I'm not so sure Ed.

When I was trying to sell my late parent's house (ha!), the first thing
I did was book a CORGI chap in for a Landlord's Gas Safety check plus
boiler service, partly so I'd feel happy leaving it on unattended as
frost protection and partly to show the buyers.

For that I did get:

Boiler cleaned;
Flue smoke tested;

I didn't get:

[1]Any sort of leak test on the pipework, no manometers, just
enough fairy foam to test the joints he re-assembled;

No check on the cooker connection;

Boiler condemned due to lazy valve (you may remember, it came up
here ages ago).

[1] is rather relevant because upstairs the gas pipe is in 22mm copper
across notched joists just under the flooring with no iron plates, so
pipe damage quite likely.

It was definately a lot less thorough in scope than an electrical PIR,
and I can do the latter well enough for my own purposes.

This was sub-standard inspection, what was put in the box on the form for
the gas soundness test?