Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In the US the right to bear arms is not about defense. It's about
resisting an oppressive government.

Amazing! I'd been ignoring this thread, wondering when, if ever, it was
going to end. I took a quick peek to see what it had degenerated to by
now and clicked on the above quoted post which actually made sense!

Let me ask you Larry. Those rights were created what, 300 years ago? Please
tell me how they make sense in today's society? Like or not, the government
of today is not the same type of government that existed all those years
ago. Oppression today, even if it existed to a marked degree, would be
significantly different than your 300 year old right to bear arms had in
mind. The only purpose I can see for your armaments to resist an oppressive
government is the delusion of confidence it gives the general public.